Burke recognition of our HVCMSA June 2018 CEU Event
We are honored to have Burke host us days after the Grand Opening of their new addition, the Marsal Caregiver Center! And more so to be profiled in their monthly newsletter 🙂
Caregivers Take Center Stage At Case Managers Dinner
Caregivers and the vital role they play in the rehabilitation of patients was the primary topic at a Hudson Valley Case Managers Association dinner meeting that was held at Burke in June. The meeting came just weeks after Burke opened the Marsal Caregiver Center, the first caregiver support center based in a rehabilitation hospital in the country.
Burke’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Mooyeon Oh-Park, Vice President of Patient Experience Colleen Borrelli, and Marsal Caregiver Center Director Carla Assenza were among the guest speakers at the event who covered a wide variety of topics including:
- Understanding the role of the caregiver within patient rehabilitation
- Ways an educated and supported caregiver can lead to better patient outcomes
- Identifying warning signs of caregiver burnout within acute rehabilitation
- Tools to help caregivers advocate for loved ones
- Helping caregivers cope with acute and chronic conditions
The Case Managers Association Dinner is one of many initiatives that Burke takes to remain at the forefront of rehabilitative education. To learn more about some of Burke’s programs, log on to www.burke.org/education.