Committees are the backbone of all of our chapter activities. Members are encouraged to get involved on local, regional and national levels.
Future plans include more active involvement in government affairs, research and certification preparation. HVCMSA welcomes your participation on committees. If you are interested in learning more about a committee, please contact us.
Committees consist of appointed members and at least one board member. Each committee has specific goals and objectives that help the chapter to meet its mission. Committees report their activities at board meetings. Time requirements vary according to the member’s availability and the assignment.
· Recruitment and retention of members
· Cultivate leadership among the chapter members
· Maximize attendance at chapter meetings
· Identify members’ needs and issues
· Recruit committee members
· Develop and maintain e-mail address log for members and potential members
· Identify and help secure potential speakers
· Determine the educational needs of our members
· Develop educational programs that meet membership needs by enhancing the skills and knowledge base of our chapter members
· Secure continuing education credit approval for our programs
Event Planning Committee
· Identify and secure sponsors for membership meetings
· Assure sponsor satisfaction
· Secure sponsor fees for treasury
· Assist as requested, in securing conference locations, supplies etc for chapter and board meetings
· Investigate technological advances that will improve chapter communication and functioning
· Investigate potential formats and collect content for site
· Maintain and update web site